using
 paypal
Twisting The Hellmouth Crossing Over Awards - Results

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Note: Forum accounts are separate to TtH accounts - you need to register separately.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  TtH Home   Forum Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Short Fic Challenge Com  (Read 7661 times)
lisa roquin
Fledgling

« on: Mon, 25 Apr 05 16:10:03 »

twistedshorts is open for business.  http://www.livejournal.com/community/twistedshorts/

Weekly challenges along the lines of tthdrabbles only for a bit longer fic minimum 300 to max 3000 words.

The first challenge is up:

Chamber.

Take that any way you want. Looking for or trapped in a secret/hidden chamber, accidentally finding a hidden chamber that wasn't supposed to be found, torture chamber, bed chamber, an adventure in Hogwarts Chamber of Secrets, an arguement in judges chambers, or even Jono Starsmore.

Come on over, check the rules, join up and have some fun
lisa roquin
Fledgling

« Reply #1 on: Mon, 09 May 05 19:14:55 »

Challenge #03--Explaining the Unexplainable.

Your characters have gotten caught redhanded, but it isn't what it seems. Or gotten in and out of a fix, but now have to explain it to someone where they've been, why something was broken, or where did that pile of ash/demon corpse come from?

Explanations of the "Well this was your idea, genius, you tell them." "This isn't what it looks like, honest, we can explain," or even "We made it" "Yeah but now how are we going to explain this to ____" type.
lisa roquin
Fledgling

« Reply #2 on: Tue, 17 May 05 14:47:04 »

Challenge #04 is up at twisted shorts--Out of time.

Either the clock is ticking on the latest apocalypse or a character is in the wrong year/century by way of spell/portal/demon on purpose or accidentally
lisa roquin
Fledgling

« Reply #3 on: Tue, 31 May 05 05:59:36 »

Challenge #06 is up at twistedshorts

Memorial Day Challenge--either remembering someone who's gone or 3-day weekend.
lisa roquin
Fledgling

« Reply #4 on: Mon, 06 Jun 05 19:41:33 »

New Challenge up at  twistedshorts

Challenge #07 Thieving Thieves. So you're characters have been robbed.Stumbled into a robbery investigation while tracking a demon. Need to steal an artifact to save the world. Or one of your characters is simply a thief. (off the top of my head--Amanda or Cory Raines from Highlander, Remy LeBeau from X-men) Once A Thief fandom? Something set during Dawn's Klepto phase? The Troika robbing or hacking the wrong place/information?
Yes, Hacking in the context of stealing information would count as theft too.

Have fun.
lisa roquin
Fledgling

« Reply #5 on: Mon, 04 Jul 05 20:02:58 »

twistedshorts has a new challenge up.

July4th-11th. Fireworks. To be interpreted any way you please.
Lucinda
Master

« Reply #6 on: Sat, 09 Jul 05 12:54:30 »

I know I'm not a moderator or in any offical site-capacity beyond 'writer', but here's something I couldn't resist sharing.

I got a flyer for Giles Construction.

Naturally, my twisted mind immediately asked "Rupert Giles?"  Yes, I thought of our favorite put-upon Watcher turned librarian turned shop-keeper.

... followed by the thought of 'If Xander founded his own construction company post-Sunnydale, would he use the Harris name when he seems to have limited fondness for any of his relatives (possible exception for Uncle Rory) or would he use the name of Giles, a man who has been more of a father for him than his own?'

I probably need mental help.

They mention construction of decks, fences, wheelchair ramps, and painting inside or out.  My mind wondered just how many stakes could be crafted from the leftover wood, and then I told myself (again) that it probably wasn't connected.

Maybe some people could use that as inspiration for a fic of some sort?  Giles Construction.
lisa roquin
Fledgling

« Reply #7 on: Mon, 11 Jul 05 22:14:27 »

I got a flyer for Giles Construction.

Naturally, my twisted mind immediately asked "Rupert Giles?" Yes, I thought of our favorite put-upon Watcher turned librarian turned shop-keeper.

... followed by the thought of 'If Xander founded his own construction company post-Sunnydale, would he use the Harris name when he seems to have limited fondness for any of his relatives (possible exception for Uncle Rory) or would he use the name of Giles, a man who has been more of a father for him than his own?'

*grin* that sounds like fun, and a good front for keeping an eye on non-Council Active baby slayers in an area.  Think that's going to be next weeks challenge
lisa roquin
Fledgling

« Reply #8 on: Mon, 11 Jul 05 22:18:11 »

Challenge #12 is up at  TwistedShorts

HP Chapter Titles from Books 1-4.  List of chapter titles is here

Doesn't matter what fandom the crossover is, just as long as the title comes from an HP1-4 chapter title and there's enough non-HP specific ones to work with I think.
lisa roquin
Fledgling

« Reply #9 on: Sat, 17 Sep 05 06:46:15 »

Challenge #16 is up at TwistedShorts

"books"

Can be taken as an actual book: someone's diary, moldy book needed for stopping the latest apocolypse, snark and silliness over research.

Or a "book" saying--"Throw the book at him/her/them" "don't judge a book by it's cover" "That's one for the record books"

300-3000 words. Have fun.
lisa roquin
Fledgling

« Reply #10 on: Sun, 25 Sep 05 08:17:52 »

Challenge #17 is up at  TwistedShorts http://www.livejournal.com/community/twistedshorts/

Notes, fliers, handouts, pamphlets.

You can fit it into the Sept school theme or not (Dawn passing notes in class) Flier on a phone poll or public-place bulletin board that leads a scooby to something bizarre.

300-3000 words.

have fun.
« Last Edit: Mon, 26 Sep 05 05:40:07 by lisa roquin » Logged
cwolf
Old One

« Reply #11 on: Sun, 25 Sep 05 10:51:52 »

Challenge #17 is up at TwistedShorts

You can fit it into the Sept school theme or not (Dawn passing notes in class) Flier on a phone poll or public-place bulletin board that leads a scooby to something bizarre.

300-3000 words.

have fun.
interesting... the link is directing me straight to microsoft.com without even stopping long enough to see the challenges

To avoid criticism.  Do nothing, say nothing, be nothing.
acs
Administrator
Old One

« Reply #12 on: Sun, 25 Sep 05 13:07:20 »

300-3000 words.

have fun.
interesting... the link is directing me straight to microsoft.com without even stopping long enough to see the challenges
It has a typo in it so your browser (I'm assuming IE) is doing what it thinks it is supposed to and take you to some default page of some sort.

Try this one:   TwistedShorts
« Last Edit: Sun, 25 Sep 05 13:08:39 by acs » Logged

cwolf
Old One

« Reply #13 on: Sun, 25 Sep 05 15:52:03 »

300-3000 words.

have fun.
It has a typo in it so your browser (I'm assuming IE) is doing what it thinks it is supposed to and take you to some default page of some sort.

Try this one:   TwistedShorts
firefox actually... but yep, that's what it was doing

To avoid criticism.  Do nothing, say nothing, be nothing.
lisa roquin
Fledgling

« Reply #14 on: Sat, 01 Oct 05 17:49:41 »

Challenge 18 is up at Twisted Shorts ( http://www.livejournal.com/community/twistedshorts/ )

The Terrible Horrible Rotten No Good Day.

Fairly self explanatory I think. Have fun.
lisa roquin
Fledgling

« Reply #15 on: Sun, 09 Oct 05 15:14:23 »

Challenge #19 is up at Twisted Shorts ( http://www.livejournal.com/community/twistedshorts )-- Frost.

Any interpretation of variant of the word (frosted, frosting, frosty) allowed. Emma Frost?  Bobby Drake covering things in frost.  Dawn frosting cupcakes? Shoot Frosty the Snowman if you're so inclined.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: